A client of ours is hiring now and we’re reaching out to everyone in the Black TV Film Crew network in case you have experience and are looking for a new opportunity. The information is below. Email us your resume with the job title in the subject line, if anything matches your career intentions. We’ll forward along to our client.
CREW POSITIONS (LA Based)
We are looking for the following crew members for 2 x block studio shoot (2-3 days each block) across dates in June & July for a Episodic, Network Docu-Reality Series:- Camera Operators- Camera Assistants/DIT- Sound Mixer- Gaffer- Grip- Swing (G&E)- HMU Artist- Wardrobe Stylist- Covid Compliance Coordinator- Production Assistants
PRODUCTION HIRES (Remote)
We are looking for experienced, remote-based Associate Producers/Researchers for a 14-week run of Episodic, Network Docu-reality to start in March/April. You will be part of a nimble team, crafting impactful, human-centered stories that leverage User Generated Content (UGC), as well as interviews and host footage.
These roles involve helping to track down Social Media Clips and other User Generated Content. Then finding and booking interviews with people involved in those clips to help producers craft show segments. Strong research, investigative, and cold calling skills needed.
Investigative, Local News, Journalistic, Talk Show or Documentary credits preferred.
POST PRODUCTION HIRES (Remote)
We are looking for experienced, remote-based Editors, Assistant Editors and Post-Production Coordinator/PA for a 14-week run of Episodic, Network Docu-reality to start in May. You will be part of a nimble team of Producers and Editors; bringing your creativity to the table to craft impactful, human-centered stories that leverage User Generated Content (UGC), as well interviews and host footage.
Not sure how much info you need but here is some specifics on these roles:
- Partner with Producers and Post-Production team editing episodic content
- End-to-end editing multiple videos and formats, both unscripted and scripted segments
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives
- Work with Composers and GFX Artists to lay in music, as well as motion graphics + sound effects
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay well organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Familiarity with docu-reality as well as network journalistic editing styles and workflows is a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience as a lead Editor on Adobe Premiere and After Effects required
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate issues with acquired media
- Transcode footage from a variety of formats, resolutions and aspect ratios to meet our editorial needs and Network deliverables
- Export assemblies and edits to our remote media hosts (SAN, Google Cloud and Frame.io)
- Work with Producers, IT and Post-Production teams to deliver on technical and creative requests
- Assist Post Supervisor with Cloud and Remote Network folder setup
- Work with Composer and GFX artist to lay in music, graphics and sound effects
- AE unscripted/scripted segments for lead Editor
- Prepare timelines and footage for Finishing and Online with an external vendor
- Keep the team well organized, and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Familiarity with docu-reality as well as network journalistic editing styles is a plus
- Technical acumen managing NLE, Graphics and Cloud-based workflows
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Assistant Editor working on Adobe Premiere and After Effects is required
Post Production Coordinator/PA
- Ensure the smooth operation of the editorial department
- Manage acquisition and distribution of cloud-based footage and physical drives to editors, AE’s and finishing houses
- Assist with administrative duties, final delivery paperwork and Post related documents including music cue-sheets, closed captions and credits
- Liaise with production, vendors and tech teams to troubleshoot administrative and technical issues
- Schedule and coordinate ADR sessions as needed
- Coordinate the final wrap and proper storage of video and audio masters and offline editorial materials
- Remote work set-up with ability to run errands around the Greater LA area
- Technical acumen managing NLE, Graphics, and Cloud-based workflows
- Minimum 3 years experience working on Adobe Premiere and After Effects
To apply to any of these jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck.