[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.4.1″]
One of our crew members, Director, Nykieria Chaney, is holding a casting call in Atlanta on Saturday, June 9 from 2 – 5 pm in Atlanta. She is looking for Actresses, Singers, Dancers and Crew. The open call will be held at 1237 Ralph Abernathy Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30310.
ATL ACTRESSES, DANCERS, SINGERS SHOW UP AT THIS CASTING CALL
The casting call is for Sistersong, National Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective. They are producing Autonomy: My Body, My Voice, My Future directed by Nykiera Chaney.
By infusing the art of story telling, dance and music, Autonomy takes audiences on a journey through the lives of people of color making decisions about their bodies, their sexuality, their families and their lives while also navigating racism, respectability politics, and reproductive oppression. Autonomy reminds us that we all have a story to tell and that there is power in our stories that can heal and transform. Autonomy is SisterSong’s first theatrical performance created through the Artists United for Reproductive Justice Project that seeks to use art across different mediums to amplify reproductive justice issues in order to educate, reduce stigma and shift culture.
With the importance of reproductive justice issues, this is a project that is sure to gain steam and attention.
Casting Call & Audition Tips:
- Be energetic. Nothing says you’re more deserving of an opportunity than having a great attitude.
- Be yourself. Allow your personality to shine through. Too often in auditions, we see lines and line
s of people but no one stands out. Often times people don’t stand out because they are trying to be like someone else. Be yourself. There’s only one you.
- Be on time. This audition is from 2pm – 5pm. Please show up before 4:59. We often block ourselves from opportunities because we simply did not show up.
- Do some preliminary research on reproductive justice issues. I’m always impressed when actors know more about a role than what’s on the page. Do a simple google search and allow your interest in this project to shine through.
- Believe in yourself. Claim this. Own this opportunity. Believe that it is already yours.
If you secure one of the roles, please let us know. We want to celebrate our members progress. So be sure to send us photos!
Crew members, you can show up at the casting call as well, but it’d be great if you could send your resume for the production to NDCProdInfo@gmail.com in advance. Keep me in the loop.