CASTING FOR MALE MODELS
LOOKING FOR: 5 LEAD African American/African Descent, Latino, MALE models/actors based in NYC. Age range 25-45. Must have athletic ability and agility. Experience with Taichi and martial arts a plus. These are non-speaking roles. All hair textures/body types, and height welcomed. Auditions held the middle of July. Filming on location in October 2018.
Email headshots/picts if interested! …. FashionFilms@sewrakidane.com
TIPS FOR CASTING SUCCESS
- Send in a mix of professional and selfie shots. Let the casting director see your personality.
- Send in at least one full body shot. If you’re going to be seen on screen, they want to see your full body.
- Send in recent photos. I don’t know how many time people will send in a 5 year old headshot and turn up at the audition not looking anything like their former selves.
- Don’t send in stuff that looks too risqué unless it calls for it. You don’t know what the casting director’s sensibilities are so don’t go there.
- In your introduction email, be professional Say something like, “Hi, I’m John Smith. I saw your post and am submitting my photos. I’ve recently been featured in this mag, that short film and that web series. I also have experience in Tai Chi. I look forward to hearing from you.” If you have experience in something that the casting director is asking for, mention it in your introduction email.
- If you have a large Instagram following include that in your introduction email. Say the same thing as above except include, “I have an IG following of 5k. I love to promote my casting / film projects on IG.” It makes a difference.
- Include your cell phone in your introduction email.
- If there is an open call, show up on time.
- If you are called back, show up on time.
We’re including tips for success in our casting and contests because we want our team members to win. Good luck and if you get cast, let us know.
**Our featured photos are of Black TV Film Crew member and Actor / Model Osei White, courtesy of his Instagram. You can find him here. **
We’re a staff of writers who compile the articles to promote crew members and African Americans in the entertainment business.