He may be best known as Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge in Star Trek: The Next Generation, as Kunta Kinte in ABC’s Roots Mini Series or the Reading Rainbow guy. But make no mistake, over the decades, Mr. Burton, has been racking up some accolades that make you wanna say, “Daaaaaamn.” Here are eleven times he made us head back to the grindstone.
1. He has a podcast with over 12,000 reviews. Yep, that’s on average, 11,960 more than the rest of us. Time to get our direct messaging on.
2. He loves family photos and shading his co-stars. But the fact that the co-star is in the photo = DOPE AF. Also, this photo says he probably has a great work ethic.
3. He has his own shades. He took that whole Star Trek shade wearing thing and got another check. #CaChing
4. He’s on the Top LinkedIn U.S. Influencer Voices for 2020. Who knew LinkedIn had a list? Well, Uncle LeVar is on the top of it. We know that.
5. And, incidentally, he’s woke. #nofakecelebrityhere
6. An astronaut read his book from space. NBD. It’s just space and NASA and all. Might be time for us to friend / follow some astronauts.
7. He finds time to direct movies. He’s apparently a time management guru as well.
8. He stays connected to the people who appreciate him. #gratitudeisanattitude
9. He knows how to be COVID-19 Compliant while directing NCIS – New Orleans. Again, NBD. Just directing TV, managing time and opportunities and such.
10. Fans wanna make him the next host of Jeopardy. You know you gangsta when others are willing to do your bidding for you. #hegotpeople Now go to the link and sign the petition.
11. He’s gracious. And we cannot say how much we appreciate that.
Often times we wanna know what does it take to make it. If Levar Burton’s resume is any indication, success takes grinding. Thanks Mr. Burton.
Please note: This was only tweets from the last couple of months. Lawd have mercy. What would have happened had we gone back six months?
**Featured photo courtesy LeVar Burton / Instagram. Follow him.