Film Grants Rolling Submissions
Film grants are like lotto tickets. If you get the right ticket, it could change your life. But where film grants are better than lotto tickets is that a little lotto can go a long way. Enter Catalyst grants for filmmakers.
According to the Catalyst Grant site:
WHAT WE DO:
- The Glassbreaker Films Catalyst Grants identify standout early-career visual journalists and documentary filmmakers, less than 5 years post college or graduate school.
- Catalyst Grants allow a diverse group of young filmmakers to conceive of a short, innovative and original non-fiction digital project to receive funding and mentorship to bring it to life and kickstart their career.
- All stories must be produced within the US, and funding is capped at $7,000 per grant. Each project must be completed within 2-3 months of funding.
- There is not one standard form for these projects, but they must be artful and innovative, and there must be proof that they can be produced within the timeline and budget.
WHO WE FUND:
- We support and encourage early career women filmmakers (less than five years post-graduation) to produce stories about issues that impact women in the United States.
- You can apply if you own the copyright of your production and maintain editorial control of your story and you are a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or its external territories age 18 or older.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Impactful digital potential through suitability of subject matter and compelling storytelling
- Powerful narratives that inspire positive social change around issues that affect women
- Relevance to a broad audience
- The capacity to finish the project through realistic attention to the schedule and budget.
I know our crew members have a lot of what they’re looking for, so please apply today.
And if you earn a grant, email us and let us know.
*Featured photo is from our crew member @Shoot2Edit.
We’re a staff of writers who compile the articles to promote crew members and African Americans in the entertainment business.